Bomb hoax at SBI branch in Rajasthan
Kota: A bomb threat note found pasted on a wall of a State Bank of India (SBI) branch sent authorities into a tizzy here on Saturday but it turned out to be a hoax.
The hand written note, found near the staircase of the building at Gumanpura area of the city, claimed that a bomb had been planted in the bank.
A thorough search was carried out in the building and adjoining areas. However, no bomb or explosive was recovered from the building or from the nearby areas.
The agent branch office of Life Insurance Cooperation also runs in the same building on the second floor. The note said that the employees of both the offices should "evacuate the building to save their life as the bomb might go off at any time", Station House Officer (SHO) Sanjay Sharma said.
"It appears to be a mischievous act of some anti social element to spread panic in the city," he said.
No arrest has been made so far, police said, adding footage of CCTV cameras of the bank was also being investigated to identify the culprit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical