Bomb hoax at SBI branch in Rajasthan
Kota: A bomb threat note found pasted on a wall of a State Bank of India (SBI) branch sent authorities into a tizzy here on Saturday but it turned out to be a hoax.
The hand written note, found near the staircase of the building at Gumanpura area of the city, claimed that a bomb had been planted in the bank.
A thorough search was carried out in the building and adjoining areas. However, no bomb or explosive was recovered from the building or from the nearby areas.
The agent branch office of Life Insurance Cooperation also runs in the same building on the second floor. The note said that the employees of both the offices should "evacuate the building to save their life as the bomb might go off at any time", Station House Officer (SHO) Sanjay Sharma said.
"It appears to be a mischievous act of some anti social element to spread panic in the city," he said.
No arrest has been made so far, police said, adding footage of CCTV cameras of the bank was also being investigated to identify the culprit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead