Bomb hoax at SBI branch in Rajasthan
Kota: A bomb threat note found pasted on a wall of a State Bank of India (SBI) branch sent authorities into a tizzy here on Saturday but it turned out to be a hoax.
The hand written note, found near the staircase of the building at Gumanpura area of the city, claimed that a bomb had been planted in the bank.
A thorough search was carried out in the building and adjoining areas. However, no bomb or explosive was recovered from the building or from the nearby areas.
The agent branch office of Life Insurance Cooperation also runs in the same building on the second floor. The note said that the employees of both the offices should "evacuate the building to save their life as the bomb might go off at any time", Station House Officer (SHO) Sanjay Sharma said.
"It appears to be a mischievous act of some anti social element to spread panic in the city," he said.
No arrest has been made so far, police said, adding footage of CCTV cameras of the bank was also being investigated to identify the culprit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?