Bomb hoax at SBI branch in Rajasthan
Kota: A bomb threat note found pasted on a wall of a State Bank of India (SBI) branch sent authorities into a tizzy here on Saturday but it turned out to be a hoax.
The hand written note, found near the staircase of the building at Gumanpura area of the city, claimed that a bomb had been planted in the bank.
A thorough search was carried out in the building and adjoining areas. However, no bomb or explosive was recovered from the building or from the nearby areas.
The agent branch office of Life Insurance Cooperation also runs in the same building on the second floor. The note said that the employees of both the offices should "evacuate the building to save their life as the bomb might go off at any time", Station House Officer (SHO) Sanjay Sharma said.
"It appears to be a mischievous act of some anti social element to spread panic in the city," he said.
No arrest has been made so far, police said, adding footage of CCTV cameras of the bank was also being investigated to identify the culprit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!