Bomb scare at railway station near Ajmer
Jaipur: Triggering panic, a passenger of Jodhpur-Ajmer train on Monday informed the Kharwa railway station master about bombs being planted in the train and also at a
bridge where President Pratibha Patil was to visit later in the day.
"The Jodhpur-Ajmer train was cancelled and passengers were immediately evacuated at Kharwa. Search operation was carried out by Railway Protection Force (RPF) but no suspicious object was found," a North Western Railway spokesperson said here.
"The man who told the station master about the bomb was a passenger of the train and he personally contacted the station master when the train halted at the Kharwa station at 11.55 am." he said, adding he was being questioned by the security forces.
He also informed that a bomb was planted at Martin bridge near Ajmer railway junction and a search is also underway there, the spokesperson said.
The passengers of the Jodhpur-Ajmer train were taken to Ajmer by road, the spokesperson added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living