Bomb scare at railway station near Ajmer
Jaipur: Triggering panic, a passenger of Jodhpur-Ajmer train on Monday informed the Kharwa railway station master about bombs being planted in the train and also at a
bridge where President Pratibha Patil was to visit later in the day.
"The Jodhpur-Ajmer train was cancelled and passengers were immediately evacuated at Kharwa. Search operation was carried out by Railway Protection Force (RPF) but no suspicious object was found," a North Western Railway spokesperson said here.
"The man who told the station master about the bomb was a passenger of the train and he personally contacted the station master when the train halted at the Kharwa station at 11.55 am." he said, adding he was being questioned by the security forces.
He also informed that a bomb was planted at Martin bridge near Ajmer railway junction and a search is also underway there, the spokesperson said.
The passengers of the Jodhpur-Ajmer train were taken to Ajmer by road, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider