Bomb scare at railway station near Ajmer
Jaipur: Triggering panic, a passenger of Jodhpur-Ajmer train on Monday informed the Kharwa railway station master about bombs being planted in the train and also at a
bridge where President Pratibha Patil was to visit later in the day.
"The Jodhpur-Ajmer train was cancelled and passengers were immediately evacuated at Kharwa. Search operation was carried out by Railway Protection Force (RPF) but no suspicious object was found," a North Western Railway spokesperson said here.
"The man who told the station master about the bomb was a passenger of the train and he personally contacted the station master when the train halted at the Kharwa station at 11.55 am." he said, adding he was being questioned by the security forces.
He also informed that a bomb was planted at Martin bridge near Ajmer railway junction and a search is also underway there, the spokesperson said.
The passengers of the Jodhpur-Ajmer train were taken to Ajmer by road, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest