‘Bones found in Rajasthan canal are of Bhanwari’
New Delhi: Making some headway in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, the CBI has been told by the FBI that the bones recovered from a canal in Rajasthan were of the auxiliary nurse.
Official sources said the American agency has conveyed to the CBI that the bones, which included the teeth and parts of skull, that were found from a canal in Jodhpur earlier this year, were that of 36-year-old Bhanwari Devi.
The CBI had recovered several items, including a gunny bag, wrist watch, toe ring, nose pin, broken pieces of jewellery (including a pendant), charred bone pieces, five teeth, wooden bat and two country-made pistols apart from some clothes (which reportedly belong to accused Kailash Jakhar), during a four-day search in the Rajiv Gandhi link canal.
While CBI had claimed that all these recoveries were of the slain nurse and formed an important body of evidence, the agency had also sent the same to FBI which has expertise in establishing the DNA from the dentures, the sources said.
CBI has filed three chargesheets in the abduction and murder case against Pukhraj, Dinesh and Reshmaram who are under judicial custody here, while investigation against absconding accused Indira Bishnoi, sister of jailed MLA Malkhan Singh, is pending.
The accused have been charged under Section 120-B (punishment of criminal conspiracy), 364 (kidnapping or abducting for murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) and 302 (punishment for murder) of IPC and under SC/ST Act.
Out of the total 17 accused in the case, 16, including ruling Congress party MLAs Mahipal Maderna and Malkhan Bishnoi, are under judicial custody while Indira is absconding.
Bhanwari Devi was abducted and murdered last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath