Boy dies after being beaten up by teacher
Kannauj: In a case of brutal corporal punishment, a 10-year-old boy died allegedly after being beaten up by his teacher in Bilsahaiganj area in the district.
Sajid, a Class V student at Lakhi Public School in Azad Nagar, was allegedly beaten up by his teacher Rahul over some issue yesterday, police said today.
Later the teacher took Sajid to his home after which the boy was admitted to a private hospital where he died.
On the complaint of Sajid`s father, a case has been lodged.
Station House Officer O P Singh said the matter was being investigated.
The incident comes a week after a 10-year-old boy died after being allegedly beaten up by his two teachers at a government primary school at Pathakheda in Madhya Pradesh`s Betul district.
Aslam Ansari, a Class IV student, was allegedly beaten by his two teachers-- Birju Kumar Sonaria and Vijay Ram Bhagat following which he suffered critical back bone and neck injuries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference