Boy falls into pond in Rajasthan, rescue work on
Jaipur: The authorities here struggled to rescue a six-year-old boy over 30 hours after he slipped into a pond, officials said Sunday.
Vishal Kumar, a resident of Shivdaspura area, slipped into the 50-foot deep pond while playing near it Saturday evening. The pond was filled upto the brink.
His family members immediately informed police and district administration officials.
The rescue operation started about half an hour after the incident.
"The water in the pond is muddy, so we could not rope in divers to find the boy. We have been pumping out the water since Saturday evening. The pond is still filled with water up to 15 feet," a district administration official said.
He added that rescue operation may yield some result by early Monday.
The villagers accused the administration of being ill-equipped.
"They have called in about 15 divers but they do not have enough equipment, including oxygen cylinders," said Kushal Kumar, a relative of the boy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof