Boy falls into pond in Rajasthan, rescue work on
Jaipur: The authorities here struggled to rescue a six-year-old boy over 30 hours after he slipped into a pond, officials said Sunday.
Vishal Kumar, a resident of Shivdaspura area, slipped into the 50-foot deep pond while playing near it Saturday evening. The pond was filled upto the brink.
His family members immediately informed police and district administration officials.
The rescue operation started about half an hour after the incident.
"The water in the pond is muddy, so we could not rope in divers to find the boy. We have been pumping out the water since Saturday evening. The pond is still filled with water up to 15 feet," a district administration official said.
He added that rescue operation may yield some result by early Monday.
The villagers accused the administration of being ill-equipped.
"They have called in about 15 divers but they do not have enough equipment, including oxygen cylinders," said Kushal Kumar, a relative of the boy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video