Boy falls into pond in Rajasthan, rescue work on
Jaipur: The authorities here struggled to rescue a six-year-old boy over 30 hours after he slipped into a pond, officials said Sunday.
Vishal Kumar, a resident of Shivdaspura area, slipped into the 50-foot deep pond while playing near it Saturday evening. The pond was filled upto the brink.
His family members immediately informed police and district administration officials.
The rescue operation started about half an hour after the incident.
"The water in the pond is muddy, so we could not rope in divers to find the boy. We have been pumping out the water since Saturday evening. The pond is still filled with water up to 15 feet," a district administration official said.
He added that rescue operation may yield some result by early Monday.
The villagers accused the administration of being ill-equipped.
"They have called in about 15 divers but they do not have enough equipment, including oxygen cylinders," said Kushal Kumar, a relative of the boy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?