Boy jumps into boiling water at Ajmer dargah, dies
Ajmer: An unidentified boy died after he jumped into a cauldron of boiling water at the premises of the famous Ajmer Sharif dargah, police said on Tuesday.
The boy, who seemed to be around 17 years, jumped into the cauldron yesterday during the preparation of `prasad` (offerings) at the Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti dargah here.
Prima facie, it appears that he jumped into the cauldron expecting some miracle to take place, police said.
"Onlookers said he was reciting chants when he jumped into the cauldron which contained boiling water to cook rice.
"He was taken out from the cauldron by the Dargah staff and rushed to a hospital with critical burn injuries. He was declared brought dead by doctors," a police official said.
"Efforts are on to ascertain his identity," he added.
In a similar incident, a woman and her daughter had jumped into a cauldron of boiling water at the dargah premises in January last year and died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie