BPL families to get wheat for Rs two a kilo in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government today said
its programme to provide wheat to BPL families at the rate of
Rs two a kilo would be launched all over the state on labour
day this year.
Making the announcement before newsmen here today Chief
Minister Ashok Gehlot said the ambitious scheme would cover
36.57 lakh BPL families in the state incurring an expenditure
of Rs 275 crore annually.
Initially it was decided to implement the scheme on may
15 but to create awareness about it among the beneficiaries
labour day has been chosen, he said.
Directives have been issued to all Gram Sarpanch Samiti
(GSS) members, ward memebrs and others concerned to monitor
proper distribution of food grains under the scheme to
beneficiaries, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad