Breach of privilege motion moved against NPP legislator
Jaipur: BJP MLA Omprakash Hudla on Tuesday moved a breach of privilege motion against NPP legislator Kirori Meena for allegedly threatening him.
The Speaker Kailash Meghwal also directed the state government to ensure security of Hudla who in the house yesterday had accused Meena of giving patronage to criminals which led to a verbal spat between the legislators outside the house on the Assembly premises.
Hudla moved the proposal during the zero hour which was referred to the privilege committee by the Speaker.
Giving ruling on this, the speaker referred the matter to the privilege committee of the house and asked the committee to table its report on the first day of next session.
Meena was not present in the house when the motion was moved.
Earlier, during question hour, Opposition created uproar demanding replying from a minister other than Sanwar Lal Jat.
As soon as the house assembled, Congress MLA Ghanshyam, whose question related with the department of public health and engineer in the business, was listed in business stood and demanded the reply from other minister other than the Water Resources Minister and Ex-MLA Sanwarlal Jat.
He said that Jat was not a minister and the government should give a reply through another minister.
The Speaker rejected the demand following which the Congress members created uproar and staged a walk out.
The opposition members say that the minister has taken oath as MP of Lok Sabha recently and he was not a minister constitutionally, but the Speaker in his ruling had clarified that he is still the minister which can not be challenged.
When the question was not called by the MLA, the minister did not give the reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble