Bridge collapse: Oceanography experts to help in rescue work
Kota: As efforts resumed on Monday to trace
15 labourers still missing in the bridge collapse mishap here,
a team of experts from the Indian Institute of Oceanography
would visit the site to assist in underwater operations in
"Presently, the rescue operation is being carried out
on surface at the site and all the 30 bodies were recovered
from the debris on the surface as underwater rescue operation
could not be successfully launched despite efforts by experts
from Gujarat and Navy," IG-Kota Range Rajeev Dasot said.
"The team of experts from Goa will arrive today here
to carry the under water rescue operation," he said.
"The river is about 110 feet deep near the site, and
its is quite possible that many of labourers drowned. Presence
of crocodiles in the river is another challenge that rescuers
would have to face," he said.
"Thirty dead bodies have been recovered till late last
night and around 15 persons are still missing," he said.
The 50-metre bridge collapsed on Thursday when about
50 labourers were at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends