Bridge collapse: Oceanography experts to help in rescue work
Kota: As efforts resumed on Monday to trace
15 labourers still missing in the bridge collapse mishap here,
a team of experts from the Indian Institute of Oceanography
would visit the site to assist in underwater operations in
"Presently, the rescue operation is being carried out
on surface at the site and all the 30 bodies were recovered
from the debris on the surface as underwater rescue operation
could not be successfully launched despite efforts by experts
from Gujarat and Navy," IG-Kota Range Rajeev Dasot said.
"The team of experts from Goa will arrive today here
to carry the under water rescue operation," he said.
"The river is about 110 feet deep near the site, and
its is quite possible that many of labourers drowned. Presence
of crocodiles in the river is another challenge that rescuers
would have to face," he said.
"Thirty dead bodies have been recovered till late last
night and around 15 persons are still missing," he said.
The 50-metre bridge collapsed on Thursday when about
50 labourers were at the scene.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!