Brothers flee from home to meet Facebook friend
Jaipur: Two brothers fled from their home with Rs 25,000 cash in order to meet a girl whom they had befriended on Facebook, police said on Thursday.
The duo, aged 15 and 17, was held on Wednesday from a hotel in the Sindhi Camp area.
The teenagers had befriended the girl from West Bengal on Facebook some months back, and later had planned to leave for the eastern state on her invitation.
On June 16, in the absence of family members, they had left home with the cash, police said.
Finding them untraceable, the family lodged a case of kidnapping following which the police tracked the duo`s mobile phones and found the brothers in the hotel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list