BSF returns runaway Pak boy carrying pics of Bollywood stars
Jodhpur: A Pakistani boy, who ran away from his home after being beaten by his father for not doing his homework and had inadvertently crossed over to this side of border, was today handed over by BSF to Pakistani rangers.
13-year-old Nadeem Mehar, a resident of Bahawalnagar in Pakistan, was returned by BSF to their counterparts at the border in Anoopgarh sector.
The BSF`s goodwill gesture comes close on the heels of the return of seven-year-old Rajasthani girl Pooja Meghwal, who had accidentally strayed into Pakistan and returned wearing new clothes, shoes given by Pakistani Rangers earlier this month.
Mehar had inadvertently crossed over the international border and had entered Indian territory late Saturday evening after having a tiff with his father.
A BSF official said that the boy had crosed over to Indian territory from the sensitive Kailash Border Out-Post of Ghaggar basin, which has a forest cover.
"We immediately informed the Pakistani Rangers about this violation of the sanctity of International boundary not very far from Pak Rangers Observation Post Saturday evening," said the official.
The boy reportedly admitted to have left the home in rage after beaten by his father for not doing his homework. His father had compelled him to work in the agricultural farm.
"He could not keep his sentiments under control and headed inadvertently to the border and crossed it," said the official adding that only after he was detected by BSF, he realised that he was standing in Indian Territory.
He said that nothing objectionable was found from his possession. "He was carrying some pictures of Bollywood actors," said the official.
Since last one year, more than 12 Pakistani nationals including kids and women have been handed over to Pakistan Rangers by BSF in Sriganganagar Sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly