BSP candidate`s death leads to adjournment of poll at Churu
Jaipur: Rajasthan Election Commission on Saturday adjourned the poll in Churu Assembly constituency following the death of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal.
Meghwal, BSP candidate for the Churu assembly seat, died of suspected heart attack and blood vomiting at a government hospital in Churu today, party secretary Surendra Lamba said.
The BSP candidate was 34 and active in the party for many years, Lamba said.
"The assembly election in Churu constituency has been adjourned, and the Returning Officer of Churu has been asked to file a report on the BSP candidate`s death to the Election Commission," a Chief Election Office PR said.
EC would decide on rescheduling the poll in the particular constituency soon, he said.
Besides Meghwal, eight candidates including BJP`s Rajendra Rathore and Congress` sitting MLA Haji Maqbool Mandela, are contesting from Churu constituency.
The Assembly elections for Rajasthan will be held on December 1, and the results will be announced on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read