Budgetary announcements being implemented: Raj CM
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday said all the schemes announced during the budgetary session in April last would be implemented on timely basis.
"The opposition party thought that the announcements which we made during the budget session were only on paper, but the government will implement all such schemes for children, women, students, employees, and welfare for elderly in a timely manner," Gehlot told reporters after a meeting at PCC Office.
Without naming any political party, Gehlot said the Opposition was prejudiced against the Congress, and was unnecessarily making an issue that the government did not fulfil its promises made in the budget speech.
"Now we have fulfilled most of them...The opposition is fretting and fuming as it lost all issues to impress upon people," Gehlot said.
"I do not have any treatment for the Opposition`s frustration. Without knowing our actual works and plans, they go on accusing us," he remarked.
On measures taken for rescue works in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, Gehlot said two choppers from the state were there, besides over 40 senior government officers are camping in that state.
"I appeal to people, specially those who are waiting for their relatives or kins to return form pilgrimage, that the state government would not leave any stone unturned to bring them back safely. We also expect the Opposition to avoid rumours and controversy on this humanitarian matter," he said.
District authorities have been asked to prepare a list of persons, who went for pilgrimage and have not returned since, to ensure proper help and relief work, Gehlot said.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan Chief Minister`s fund generated Rs 12.87 as donation for relief material for the rain-ravaged state of Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video