Bullets killed two in Bharatpur violence: Autopsy
Jaipur: Two of the nine victims of communal
clashes in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district died of bullet
injuries, a senior official said on Thursday.
Additional Chief Secretary (Home) P K Deb, however, said
it was not clear whether they died in police firing.
"Post-mortem reports of eight out of nine deceased have
come and they say that two persons were killed by bullets. It
is not clear that the bullets were of police," Deb said.
"Cause of the death in one case is not clear and report in
one case is awaited. Remaining people were killed by sharp
edged weapons or due to some other injuries," he said.
Meanwhile, curfew at Jurhera, Pahadi, Gopalgarh and
Sikari areas in Bharatpur, which witnessed clashes over a land
dispute on September 14, has been relaxed between 11 am and 4
pm today, police said.
In the wake of communal violence, the entire staff of
Gopalgarh police station has been changed. Bharatpur SP Vikas
Kumar said that 21 personnel including the SHO have been sent
to police lines today.
He, however, maintained that no policeman was booked in
any case so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey