Bundi: 2 arrested for killing teenaged siblings
Bundi: Two persons were arrested here for allegedly killing a 14-year-old girl and her younger brother after she resisted their attempts to rape her, police said Friday.
The accused have been identified as Khatkad village residents Mangilal Mehar (22) and Forulal Bheel (20) and will be produced to court by afternoon today, they said.
Bodies of the siblings, identified as Maina and Laxman (12) of Gulkhedi village, were found on Wednesday morning in the forests of the village following which a case was registered under Section 302 of the IPC.
The twin murder had led to protests by locals, in which a police officer was injured.
"The motive of raping the 14-year-old girl resulted in the murder of two", Superintendent of Police Priti Chandra said, adding that the accused have confessed to the crime during interrogation.
"The accused youths were engaged in grazing their cattle in the forest when they noticed the siblings. The accused followed them for about two kilometres into the forest and tried to terrorise them by hitting with an axe, the first stroke of which on the girl`s head proved fatal. They also murdered the younger brother with the axe", the SP said.
Interrogation with about 20 such shepherds led to the arrest of key accused, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Ranu Sharma said.
The state government has sanctioned Rs 1 lakh as financial aid from Chief Minister`s Relief Fund to the family of the deceased, District Collector Shiv Kumar Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing