Bundi: 2 arrested for killing teenaged siblings
Bundi: Two persons were arrested here for allegedly killing a 14-year-old girl and her younger brother after she resisted their attempts to rape her, police said Friday.
The accused have been identified as Khatkad village residents Mangilal Mehar (22) and Forulal Bheel (20) and will be produced to court by afternoon today, they said.
Bodies of the siblings, identified as Maina and Laxman (12) of Gulkhedi village, were found on Wednesday morning in the forests of the village following which a case was registered under Section 302 of the IPC.
The twin murder had led to protests by locals, in which a police officer was injured.
"The motive of raping the 14-year-old girl resulted in the murder of two", Superintendent of Police Priti Chandra said, adding that the accused have confessed to the crime during interrogation.
"The accused youths were engaged in grazing their cattle in the forest when they noticed the siblings. The accused followed them for about two kilometres into the forest and tried to terrorise them by hitting with an axe, the first stroke of which on the girl`s head proved fatal. They also murdered the younger brother with the axe", the SP said.
Interrogation with about 20 such shepherds led to the arrest of key accused, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Ranu Sharma said.
The state government has sanctioned Rs 1 lakh as financial aid from Chief Minister`s Relief Fund to the family of the deceased, District Collector Shiv Kumar Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference