Bundi: 2 arrested for killing teenaged siblings
Bundi: Two persons were arrested here for allegedly killing a 14-year-old girl and her younger brother after she resisted their attempts to rape her, police said Friday.
The accused have been identified as Khatkad village residents Mangilal Mehar (22) and Forulal Bheel (20) and will be produced to court by afternoon today, they said.
Bodies of the siblings, identified as Maina and Laxman (12) of Gulkhedi village, were found on Wednesday morning in the forests of the village following which a case was registered under Section 302 of the IPC.
The twin murder had led to protests by locals, in which a police officer was injured.
"The motive of raping the 14-year-old girl resulted in the murder of two", Superintendent of Police Priti Chandra said, adding that the accused have confessed to the crime during interrogation.
"The accused youths were engaged in grazing their cattle in the forest when they noticed the siblings. The accused followed them for about two kilometres into the forest and tried to terrorise them by hitting with an axe, the first stroke of which on the girl`s head proved fatal. They also murdered the younger brother with the axe", the SP said.
Interrogation with about 20 such shepherds led to the arrest of key accused, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Ranu Sharma said.
The state government has sanctioned Rs 1 lakh as financial aid from Chief Minister`s Relief Fund to the family of the deceased, District Collector Shiv Kumar Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok