Bundi: 2 arrested for killing teenaged siblings
Bundi: Two persons were arrested here for allegedly killing a 14-year-old girl and her younger brother after she resisted their attempts to rape her, police said Friday.
The accused have been identified as Khatkad village residents Mangilal Mehar (22) and Forulal Bheel (20) and will be produced to court by afternoon today, they said.
Bodies of the siblings, identified as Maina and Laxman (12) of Gulkhedi village, were found on Wednesday morning in the forests of the village following which a case was registered under Section 302 of the IPC.
The twin murder had led to protests by locals, in which a police officer was injured.
"The motive of raping the 14-year-old girl resulted in the murder of two", Superintendent of Police Priti Chandra said, adding that the accused have confessed to the crime during interrogation.
"The accused youths were engaged in grazing their cattle in the forest when they noticed the siblings. The accused followed them for about two kilometres into the forest and tried to terrorise them by hitting with an axe, the first stroke of which on the girl`s head proved fatal. They also murdered the younger brother with the axe", the SP said.
Interrogation with about 20 such shepherds led to the arrest of key accused, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Ranu Sharma said.
The state government has sanctioned Rs 1 lakh as financial aid from Chief Minister`s Relief Fund to the family of the deceased, District Collector Shiv Kumar Agrawal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'