Case filed against school official for sexual harassment in Rajasthan
Raipur: Two persons, including the superintendent of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Chhattisgarh`s Koriya district were booked for the alleged sexual harassment of an eight-year-old girl seven months ago.
"A case has been registered against Krishna Kumar Kurre (42), superintendent of the residential school (ashram) for tribal girls and his brother-in-law Gurudeep Singh (35) in connection with the sexual harassment of a minor inmate seven months ago. An investigation is on and both will be arrested soon," Superintendent of Police Abhishek Pathak told PTI.
"The victim along with other inmates had complained to the Assistant Commissioner of Scheduled Tribe Department AK Gadhewal on January 15 that she was sexually harassed by Gurudeep Singh seven months ago," Koriya district collector Avinash Champawat said.
"As per the victim`s statement, Gurudeep Singh who was in inebriated state, allegedly tried to outrage her modesty in July last year, when she was sleeping in the hostel at night. When the girl protested, Superintendent Kurre told Gurudeep to run away from there and threatened her not to reveal the incident before anyone," the collector said.
After the incident came to light, Kurre was suspended and an FIR was lodged against him and his brother-in-law, the collector said.
Notably, after the rape case involving a minor girl of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district was reported on January 6, another case of alleged sexual assault on a tribal girl was unearthed in a residential school of Balod district this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state