Case filed against school official for sexual harassment in Rajasthan
Raipur: Two persons, including the superintendent of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Chhattisgarh`s Koriya district were booked for the alleged sexual harassment of an eight-year-old girl seven months ago.
"A case has been registered against Krishna Kumar Kurre (42), superintendent of the residential school (ashram) for tribal girls and his brother-in-law Gurudeep Singh (35) in connection with the sexual harassment of a minor inmate seven months ago. An investigation is on and both will be arrested soon," Superintendent of Police Abhishek Pathak told PTI.
"The victim along with other inmates had complained to the Assistant Commissioner of Scheduled Tribe Department AK Gadhewal on January 15 that she was sexually harassed by Gurudeep Singh seven months ago," Koriya district collector Avinash Champawat said.
"As per the victim`s statement, Gurudeep Singh who was in inebriated state, allegedly tried to outrage her modesty in July last year, when she was sleeping in the hostel at night. When the girl protested, Superintendent Kurre told Gurudeep to run away from there and threatened her not to reveal the incident before anyone," the collector said.
After the incident came to light, Kurre was suspended and an FIR was lodged against him and his brother-in-law, the collector said.
Notably, after the rape case involving a minor girl of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district was reported on January 6, another case of alleged sexual assault on a tribal girl was unearthed in a residential school of Balod district this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked