Case filed against school official for sexual harassment in Rajasthan
Raipur: Two persons, including the superintendent of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Chhattisgarh`s Koriya district were booked for the alleged sexual harassment of an eight-year-old girl seven months ago.
"A case has been registered against Krishna Kumar Kurre (42), superintendent of the residential school (ashram) for tribal girls and his brother-in-law Gurudeep Singh (35) in connection with the sexual harassment of a minor inmate seven months ago. An investigation is on and both will be arrested soon," Superintendent of Police Abhishek Pathak told PTI.
"The victim along with other inmates had complained to the Assistant Commissioner of Scheduled Tribe Department AK Gadhewal on January 15 that she was sexually harassed by Gurudeep Singh seven months ago," Koriya district collector Avinash Champawat said.
"As per the victim`s statement, Gurudeep Singh who was in inebriated state, allegedly tried to outrage her modesty in July last year, when she was sleeping in the hostel at night. When the girl protested, Superintendent Kurre told Gurudeep to run away from there and threatened her not to reveal the incident before anyone," the collector said.
After the incident came to light, Kurre was suspended and an FIR was lodged against him and his brother-in-law, the collector said.
Notably, after the rape case involving a minor girl of a government-run residential school for tribal girls in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district was reported on January 6, another case of alleged sexual assault on a tribal girl was unearthed in a residential school of Balod district this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video