Case lodged against Bapu Asaram
Jaipur: A case has been lodged against spiritual guru Bapu Asaram after a man was allegedly injured by the "prasad" being thrown at him by the former during a religious function in Sojat city in the Pali district, police said on Saturday.
Hari Ram(25) had gone to a religious meet on November 21 where Bapu Asaram was distributing his `prasad` from a machine throwing candies to his followers, SHO, Sojat city, Birendra Singh said.
One of the candy hit Ram in his eye seriously injuring him, after which he filed an application at a local court against the spiritual guru.
Accordingly, the court has directed the police to initiate a probe into this matter following which it has registered a case against Asaram on last Thursday, he said.
Further probes are on into the matter, the SHO added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video