Case lodged against Bapu Asaram
Jaipur: A case has been lodged against spiritual guru Bapu Asaram after a man was allegedly injured by the "prasad" being thrown at him by the former during a religious function in Sojat city in the Pali district, police said on Saturday.
Hari Ram(25) had gone to a religious meet on November 21 where Bapu Asaram was distributing his `prasad` from a machine throwing candies to his followers, SHO, Sojat city, Birendra Singh said.
One of the candy hit Ram in his eye seriously injuring him, after which he filed an application at a local court against the spiritual guru.
Accordingly, the court has directed the police to initiate a probe into this matter following which it has registered a case against Asaram on last Thursday, he said.
Further probes are on into the matter, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi