Case lodged against Bapu Asaram
Jaipur: A case has been lodged against spiritual guru Bapu Asaram after a man was allegedly injured by the "prasad" being thrown at him by the former during a religious function in Sojat city in the Pali district, police said on Saturday.
Hari Ram(25) had gone to a religious meet on November 21 where Bapu Asaram was distributing his `prasad` from a machine throwing candies to his followers, SHO, Sojat city, Birendra Singh said.
One of the candy hit Ram in his eye seriously injuring him, after which he filed an application at a local court against the spiritual guru.
Accordingly, the court has directed the police to initiate a probe into this matter following which it has registered a case against Asaram on last Thursday, he said.
Further probes are on into the matter, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September