Case lodged against Bapu Asaram
Jaipur: A case has been lodged against spiritual guru Bapu Asaram after a man was allegedly injured by the "prasad" being thrown at him by the former during a religious function in Sojat city in the Pali district, police said on Saturday.
Hari Ram(25) had gone to a religious meet on November 21 where Bapu Asaram was distributing his `prasad` from a machine throwing candies to his followers, SHO, Sojat city, Birendra Singh said.
One of the candy hit Ram in his eye seriously injuring him, after which he filed an application at a local court against the spiritual guru.
Accordingly, the court has directed the police to initiate a probe into this matter following which it has registered a case against Asaram on last Thursday, he said.
Further probes are on into the matter, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site