CBI arrests 13 for Bharatpur communal violence
Jaipur: The CBI on Sunday arrested 13 people in
connection with communal riots in Bharatpur that left 10
people dead in September.
"Those arrested are civilians from both Mev and Gujjar
communities," according to a CBI spokesperson.
They will be produced in a CBI court tomorrow.
Ashok Gehlot government had received flak for the
violence which erupted in Gopalgarh town of Bharatpur district
in September following a land-related dispute between Gujjars
and Muslim Mevs, prompting it to recommend a CBI probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured