CBI arrests 13 for Bharatpur communal violence
Jaipur: The CBI on Sunday arrested 13 people in
connection with communal riots in Bharatpur that left 10
people dead in September.
"Those arrested are civilians from both Mev and Gujjar
communities," according to a CBI spokesperson.
They will be produced in a CBI court tomorrow.
Ashok Gehlot government had received flak for the
violence which erupted in Gopalgarh town of Bharatpur district
in September following a land-related dispute between Gujjars
and Muslim Mevs, prompting it to recommend a CBI probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say