CBI arrests five in Rajasthan`s SHO burning case
Sawai Madhopur (Raj): CBI Wednesday carried out searches here and arrested five persons in connection with the murder of a station house officer of Rajasthan Police who was burnt alive on duty by a mob in 2011.
The agency carried out searches with the help of local police at Surwal village and arrested Harji Patel, Roop Narayan Meena, Mukesh Meena, Shyoji Nath and Sita Ram Meena.
The five accused were produced in a CJM court which sent them to judicial custody.
Inspector Phool Mohammad was burnt alive by the mob after one Rajesh Meena, protesting against alleged police inaction, jumped to death from an overhead water tank in Surwal village.
Meena had climbed atop the water tank protesting against police inaction in arresting a person allegedly involved in the murder of an elderly woman in the village.
The Rajasthan government had decided to refer the case to CBI on June 30, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country