CBI arrests five in Rajasthan`s SHO burning case
Sawai Madhopur (Raj): CBI Wednesday carried out searches here and arrested five persons in connection with the murder of a station house officer of Rajasthan Police who was burnt alive on duty by a mob in 2011.
The agency carried out searches with the help of local police at Surwal village and arrested Harji Patel, Roop Narayan Meena, Mukesh Meena, Shyoji Nath and Sita Ram Meena.
The five accused were produced in a CJM court which sent them to judicial custody.
Inspector Phool Mohammad was burnt alive by the mob after one Rajesh Meena, protesting against alleged police inaction, jumped to death from an overhead water tank in Surwal village.
Meena had climbed atop the water tank protesting against police inaction in arresting a person allegedly involved in the murder of an elderly woman in the village.
The Rajasthan government had decided to refer the case to CBI on June 30, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details