CBI court rejects bail pleas of Maderna, Malkhan
Jodhpur: The pleas of MLAs Mahipal Maderna
and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, arrested for their alleged role in
the Bhanwari Devi murder case, seeking bail to attend the
Rajasthan Assembly session was today rejected by a CBI court.
The court, without commenting on merits of the case,
observed that the duo are accused of conspiring to abduct and
murder Bhanwari Devi and to cause disappearance of evidence
after the murder.
"Considering the seriousness of the accusations on the
applicants, the court does not deem it justified to grant
interim bail to them and hence their application is rejected,"
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jagdish Jyani said.
The counsel for both the legislators said they would
challenge the ACJM`s order in a higher court.
Maderna and Bishnoi had sought interim bails for 60 and
40 days respectively to attend the state assembly session,
beginning February 27.
Maderna also sought bail on the grounds of illness of his
father Paras Ram, who, he said, is currently undergoing
treatment at the ICU of Sawai Madho Singh Hospital in Jaipur.
The Rajasthan High Court, meanwhile, today issued notices
to the CBI, the tehsildar and the district magistrate seeking
their replies to the plea of Malkhan Singh` mother Amri Devi
against attachment of her properties.
Justice RS Chouhan, while admitting the plea of Devi,
ordered the three parties to reply by March 6.
In her petition, Devi had said that apart from the
property under the sole possession of Indra, she did not have
share in any other property of the family and the division of
the property attached as her share in the ancestral property,
has never been done in her name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi