CBI court rejects bail pleas of Maderna, Malkhan
Jodhpur: The pleas of MLAs Mahipal Maderna
and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, arrested for their alleged role in
the Bhanwari Devi murder case, seeking bail to attend the
Rajasthan Assembly session was today rejected by a CBI court.
The court, without commenting on merits of the case,
observed that the duo are accused of conspiring to abduct and
murder Bhanwari Devi and to cause disappearance of evidence
after the murder.
"Considering the seriousness of the accusations on the
applicants, the court does not deem it justified to grant
interim bail to them and hence their application is rejected,"
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jagdish Jyani said.
The counsel for both the legislators said they would
challenge the ACJM`s order in a higher court.
Maderna and Bishnoi had sought interim bails for 60 and
40 days respectively to attend the state assembly session,
beginning February 27.
Maderna also sought bail on the grounds of illness of his
father Paras Ram, who, he said, is currently undergoing
treatment at the ICU of Sawai Madho Singh Hospital in Jaipur.
The Rajasthan High Court, meanwhile, today issued notices
to the CBI, the tehsildar and the district magistrate seeking
their replies to the plea of Malkhan Singh` mother Amri Devi
against attachment of her properties.
Justice RS Chouhan, while admitting the plea of Devi,
ordered the three parties to reply by March 6.
In her petition, Devi had said that apart from the
property under the sole possession of Indra, she did not have
share in any other property of the family and the division of
the property attached as her share in the ancestral property,
has never been done in her name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced