CBI facing political pressure in Bhanwari case
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday submitted an affidavit before the Rajasthan High Court and claimed that the agency was facing political threats over its ongoing probe in the Bhanwari Devi kidnapping and murder case.
The CBI had also filed a plea stating that two politicians accused in the case - Malkan Singh and Mahipal Maderna - should be moved out of Jodhpur and be kept in separate jails as they were powerful people and could influence witnesses.
The High Court has also demanded an explanation from the state on what the government has done on this so far.
The Rajasthan High Court had on February 21 directed CBI to file an affidavit supporting their petition for closure of the habeas corpus petition filed by Amarchand in the Bhanwari Devi case.
The Rajasthan High Court had ruled that the CBI can summon all those required for questioning through a written notice in Bhanwari Devi case.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town