CBI facing political pressure in Bhanwari case
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday submitted an affidavit before the Rajasthan High Court and claimed that the agency was facing political threats over its ongoing probe in the Bhanwari Devi kidnapping and murder case.
The CBI had also filed a plea stating that two politicians accused in the case - Malkan Singh and Mahipal Maderna - should be moved out of Jodhpur and be kept in separate jails as they were powerful people and could influence witnesses.
The High Court has also demanded an explanation from the state on what the government has done on this so far.
The Rajasthan High Court had on February 21 directed CBI to file an affidavit supporting their petition for closure of the habeas corpus petition filed by Amarchand in the Bhanwari Devi case.
The Rajasthan High Court had ruled that the CBI can summon all those required for questioning through a written notice in Bhanwari Devi case.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II