CBI facing political pressure in Bhanwari case
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday submitted an affidavit before the Rajasthan High Court and claimed that the agency was facing political threats over its ongoing probe in the Bhanwari Devi kidnapping and murder case.
The CBI had also filed a plea stating that two politicians accused in the case - Malkan Singh and Mahipal Maderna - should be moved out of Jodhpur and be kept in separate jails as they were powerful people and could influence witnesses.
The High Court has also demanded an explanation from the state on what the government has done on this so far.
The Rajasthan High Court had on February 21 directed CBI to file an affidavit supporting their petition for closure of the habeas corpus petition filed by Amarchand in the Bhanwari Devi case.
The Rajasthan High Court had ruled that the CBI can summon all those required for questioning through a written notice in Bhanwari Devi case.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog