CBI files third chargesheet in Bhanwari Devi case
Jodhpur: The CBI today filed the third charge sheet in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case in a court here. The charge sheet in the CBI court is against Pukhraj, Dinesh and Reshmaram, who are under judicial custody here, while investigation against absconding accused Indira Bishnoi, sister of jailed MLA Malkhan Singh, is pending.
The accused have been charged under section 120-b (punishment of criminal conspiracy), 364 (kidnapping or abducting for murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) and 302 (punishment for murder) of IPC and under SC/ST Act.
The third charge sheet contains 16 witnesses.
Out of the total 17 accused in the case, 16 including ruling Congress party MLAs Mahipal Maderna and Malkhan Bishnoi, are under judicial custody while Indira is absconding.
36-year-old Bhanwari Devi was abducted and murdered last year.
According to CBI sources, Bhanwari had demanded Rs. 50 lakh from Maderna with whom she was shown in a compromising position in a CD.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'