CBI files third chargesheet in Bhanwari Devi case
Jodhpur: The CBI today filed the third charge sheet in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case in a court here. The charge sheet in the CBI court is against Pukhraj, Dinesh and Reshmaram, who are under judicial custody here, while investigation against absconding accused Indira Bishnoi, sister of jailed MLA Malkhan Singh, is pending.
The accused have been charged under section 120-b (punishment of criminal conspiracy), 364 (kidnapping or abducting for murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) and 302 (punishment for murder) of IPC and under SC/ST Act.
The third charge sheet contains 16 witnesses.
Out of the total 17 accused in the case, 16 including ruling Congress party MLAs Mahipal Maderna and Malkhan Bishnoi, are under judicial custody while Indira is absconding.
36-year-old Bhanwari Devi was abducted and murdered last year.
According to CBI sources, Bhanwari had demanded Rs. 50 lakh from Maderna with whom she was shown in a compromising position in a CD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says