CBI interrogates Kusum Bishnoi in Bhanwari case
Jodhpur: Ahead of filing its final chargesheet in the Bhanwari Devi murder case, CBI on Monday interrogated Kusum Bishnoi, considered to be close to accused Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
Kusum, pradhan of Bilara constituency to which Bhanwari belonged and a relative of Malkhan, was taken to the agency`s office here late this evening.
CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said there was no fresh arrest in the case and efforts were being made towards nabbing Malkhan`s sister Indra Bishnoi, who is still absconding.
The working president of Rajasthan Kesri, a Hindi daily, Swadesh Bhushan and its Rajasthan bureau head Satya Pareek were also summoned in relation to news stories carried by the paper on July 24 and 25 last year, she said.
The CBI had interrogated representatives of ETV earlier, she said.
Meanwhile, the CBI custody of accused Pukh Raj, Dinesh Bishnoi and Reshma Ram Bishnoi was today extended by a court after the expiry of their remand.
Both Pukh Raj and Dinesh had been taken to the Jodhpur Central Jail yesterday and on January 28 to cross-check their statements with that of Sohan Lal, Sahi Ram, Shahabuddin and Amarchand, who are currently lodged in jail there in
connection with the abduction and murder of the nurse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre