CBI may make a major arrest soon: Bhanwari case
New Delhi: CBI is likely to make a "major"
arrest in the Bhanwari Devi disappearance case this week as it
claimed to have got some crucial leads.
Sources said the agency is likely to intensify grilling of
some key suspects including Congress MLA Malkhan Singh who has
been on the radar of sleuths and was close to sacked Rajasthan
Minister Mahipal Maderna, another suspect, and Bhanwari Devi.
The CBI is desperately carrying out searches for any
clue to the whereabouts of the 36-year-old nurse whose
disappearance had stirred a political storm in Rajasthan
resulting in the sacking of Maderna.
Besides Maderna, the agency is now focussing on the role
of Malkhan Singh and his family in the alleged kidnapping of
Bhanwari as it has repeatedly questioned Singh, his brother
Parasram Bishnoi, sister-in-law Kusum, sister Indira Bishnoi
and other relatives.
A team of Central Forensic Science Laboratory had visited
a stone kiln in Bilara town and nearby areas in Jodhpur.
CBI also grilled kiln owner Goverdhan, who is also a
close associate of Maderna. Goverdhan`s kiln is located in
Pipar, they said.
Based on questioning and other leads, agency may make an
important arrest in the case later this week, they said.
Bhanwari Devi, an auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre
in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from here, is missing since
September 1 and her husband Amar Chand has alleged that she
was kidnapped at the behest of Maderna, who denied the charge.
A CD allegedly showing Maderna in compromising position
with Bhanwari had come to light after she went missing from
Jodhpur`s Bilara area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP