CBI may probe Bharatpur communal violence: Paswan
New Delhi: The CBI may probe the recent
communal violence in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur where ten people
lost their lives, Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan
said on Tuesday after meeting Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Paswan, who led a delegation of Muslim leaders, also
demanded that those who had allegedly used force and resorted
to "indiscriminate" firing should be booked for murder.
The LJP leader said they have urged the Home Minister that
CBI should probe the riots in Bharatpur and demanded a
compensation of Rs 25 lakh for kin of each of the
deceased and Rs five lakh to those injured in the violence.
"The Home Minister told us that he had already spoken to
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot who too gave his consent
to hand over the case to CBI. So, we hope that the case will
be probed by CBI soon," he said.
Paswan also demanded sacking of Rajasthan Home Minister
Shanti Dhariwal for allegedly making "provocative statements".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi