CBI may probe Bharatpur communal violence: Paswan
New Delhi: The CBI may probe the recent
communal violence in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur where ten people
lost their lives, Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan
said on Tuesday after meeting Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Paswan, who led a delegation of Muslim leaders, also
demanded that those who had allegedly used force and resorted
to "indiscriminate" firing should be booked for murder.
The LJP leader said they have urged the Home Minister that
CBI should probe the riots in Bharatpur and demanded a
compensation of Rs 25 lakh for kin of each of the
deceased and Rs five lakh to those injured in the violence.
"The Home Minister told us that he had already spoken to
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot who too gave his consent
to hand over the case to CBI. So, we hope that the case will
be probed by CBI soon," he said.
Paswan also demanded sacking of Rajasthan Home Minister
Shanti Dhariwal for allegedly making "provocative statements".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam