CBI may tell court missing Bhanwari Devi is dead
Jodhpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is likely to file a report in the Rajasthan High Court Tuesday stating that missing nurse Bhanwari Devi is dead, sources in the probe agency said here Monday.
The report is in connection with a habeas corpus petition filed by Bhanwari Devi`s husband Amarchand before he was arrested by the CBI on charges of being involved in the conspiracy of his wife`s disappearance.
During the last hearing, the CBI said that the nurse had been killed but the court demanded a closure report from the agency.
Amarchand was arrested Dec 8 by the CBI. On Sep 20, he had filed the petition in the high court accusing some influential people of being involved in her wife`s abduction.
"The case has almost been cracked as the remains of the nurse`s body have been recovered. Son of the nurse, Sahil, has confirmed that some of the items recovered from a 25-ft-deep crater and the canal, including a watch and some jewellery, belong to her," said a source close to the CBI.
Teams of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory and the CBI recovered two guns, a gunny bag, a bat, some bone fragments, a charred mobile phone, earrings, a locket, a watch and bracelet during a search that continued for three days.
Bhanwari Devi, who allegedly features in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna in a CD, had gone missing Sep 1 last year.
Maderna and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh are among those who have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister