CBI moves court seeking medical report of Maderna, Bishnoi
Jodhpur: CBI on Tuesday moved a local court seeking medical status report of former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, who are accused in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi and are cooling their heels in private hospitals here.
The probing agency moved a petition in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (SC/ST Cases) today, suspecting that the presence of the two high profile accused in their home town could affect the ongoing probe.
Both are currently undergoing treatment in different private hospitals in Jodhpur.
Senior Special Counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi said that both of them, Maderna and Bishnoi, had been shifted to Jaipur Jail and Ajmer Jail on the petition of the CBI suspecting their being Jodhpur will affect the investigation and witnesses as both of them had been mentioned by the accused in their confessional statements.
"But since both of them are in Jodhpur despite these efforts, the objective of the CBI to keep them away from Jodhpur has been defeated," told Joshi adding, "We want both of them out of Jodhpur in their respective cities at least since the case in now on evidence stage.
Bishnoi was in a private hospital in Jaipur for over three months and had sought bail on health grounds twice, which was rejected. Later he shifted to a private hospital here.
While the main accused Maderna is in a private hospital here for over last two months.
The CBI has sought details which include -- what is the diseases they are suffering from and how long do these diseases take to be cured, name of the doctors who have been treating them, when were they admitted in the respective hospitals, what tests have been administered on them and what medicines were prescribed to them, have the hospitals sent the day to day medical report of their to the jail administrations (Jaipur and Ajmer).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA