CBI moves court seeking medical report of Maderna, Bishnoi
Jodhpur: CBI on Tuesday moved a local court seeking medical status report of former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, who are accused in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi and are cooling their heels in private hospitals here.
The probing agency moved a petition in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (SC/ST Cases) today, suspecting that the presence of the two high profile accused in their home town could affect the ongoing probe.
Both are currently undergoing treatment in different private hospitals in Jodhpur.
Senior Special Counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi said that both of them, Maderna and Bishnoi, had been shifted to Jaipur Jail and Ajmer Jail on the petition of the CBI suspecting their being Jodhpur will affect the investigation and witnesses as both of them had been mentioned by the accused in their confessional statements.
"But since both of them are in Jodhpur despite these efforts, the objective of the CBI to keep them away from Jodhpur has been defeated," told Joshi adding, "We want both of them out of Jodhpur in their respective cities at least since the case in now on evidence stage.
Bishnoi was in a private hospital in Jaipur for over three months and had sought bail on health grounds twice, which was rejected. Later he shifted to a private hospital here.
While the main accused Maderna is in a private hospital here for over last two months.
The CBI has sought details which include -- what is the diseases they are suffering from and how long do these diseases take to be cured, name of the doctors who have been treating them, when were they admitted in the respective hospitals, what tests have been administered on them and what medicines were prescribed to them, have the hospitals sent the day to day medical report of their to the jail administrations (Jaipur and Ajmer).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand