CBI probing role of govt officers in Bhanwari case
Jodhpur: Widening his probe, the CBI is
investigating the alleged role of certain IAS and RAS officers
in the Bhanwari Devi disappearance case.
"Role of some government officers who have been in
touch with Bhanwari is also being ascertained by CBI. Their
names cropped up during investigation," said sources privy to
However, they did not disclose the names of these
A CBI spokesman on Monday rejected reports that the agency had
recovered CDs of the missing nurse from a bank locker in
"The rumour reported in a section of media that the CBI
has recovered 150 CDs of Bhanwari Devi in a bank locker are
completely incorrect," the spokesperson said.
A few audio clips of purported conversation of Bhanwari
Devi with Sohanlal, one of the accused, and Indira Devi,
sister of a ruling party MLA Malkhan Singh, have come to
Bhanwari (36), posted as auxiliary nurse and midwife
at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 kms from
Jodhpur, went missing on September one.
Her husband Amarchand had alleged she was abducted at
the behest of former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and
The charges were denied by Maderna who was sacked by
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on October 16.
Meanwhile, Indira Devi alleged that she was being falsely
implicated in case.
"I have nothing to do with the case but CBI is
interrogating me. I was not in contact with Bhanwari for the
last one year," she told reporters at circuit house in Jodhpur
where she was called by the agency for interrogation.
She was quizzed by the CBI last week also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!