CBI questions victim in Babulal Nagar rape case
Jaipur: CBI on Friday questioned a 35-year-old woman, who has alleged that former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar raped and assaulted her at his residence last month, and also inspected the politician`s official residence here.
The CBI team recorded the statement of the victim at her residence, official sources said.
On October 9, the investigative agency took over the case from the CB-CID which was probing it and registered an FIR in this connection.
Yesterday, a CBI team conducted forensic examination of the residence of Nagar, where he had allegedly raped the woman on September 11, sources said.
After recording the victim`s statement, the CBI team would interrogate the former minister and record his statement as well, they said.
Nagar, who tendered his resignation as minister, was suspended from Congress by the party high command last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics