CBI questions victim in Babulal Nagar rape case
Jaipur: CBI on Friday questioned a 35-year-old woman, who has alleged that former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar raped and assaulted her at his residence last month, and also inspected the politician`s official residence here.
The CBI team recorded the statement of the victim at her residence, official sources said.
On October 9, the investigative agency took over the case from the CB-CID which was probing it and registered an FIR in this connection.
Yesterday, a CBI team conducted forensic examination of the residence of Nagar, where he had allegedly raped the woman on September 11, sources said.
After recording the victim`s statement, the CBI team would interrogate the former minister and record his statement as well, they said.
Nagar, who tendered his resignation as minister, was suspended from Congress by the party high command last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah