CBI raids engineering college in Ajmer
Jaipur: CBI carried out raids at the premises of an engineering college in Ajmer and the residences of its chairman in connection with alleged submitting of forged documents by the institute to All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to get approval.
Sleuths of the agency conducted searches at the office of the college and also at the houses of its chairman in Ajmer and Bijnore (UP) yesterday, according to a government release.
The CBI and Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Jaipur on June 25 registered a case against the chairman of the college and unknown officials of AICTE, the release said.
It was alleged that the chairman entered into a conspiracy with some unknown officials of AICTE and submitted forged documents. On that basis, the college got approval for establishment of a new engineering college.
"Several incriminating documents pertaining to the allegations of the case have been seized and are under scrutiny," the release said, quoting the investigating agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair