CBI raids home and office of Secretary of RAC
Jaipur: The CBI on Thursday raided the office and residences of senior IAS officer and Secretary of Rajasthan Cricket Association Sanjay Dixit and a history sheeter Ranjeet Singh Panwar in a passport verification case.
The raids were conducted at five places, three in Jaipur, one in Todaraisingh in Rajasthan`s Tonk district, and in Lucknow, a CBI official said.
A team of 35 sleuths led by CBI Superintendent of Police RD Kallia conducted the searches.
Dixit, who is the Director of Horticulture Department
and Secretary of Rajasthan Tennis Association also, allegedly
used his office for verifying the certificate of the history
sheeter for securing the latter`s passport in July 2007.
Ranjeet was nabbed at the Delhi airport the same year
when he was trying to leave the country, the official said.
CBI sleuths were conducting extensive searches at
Dixit`s secretariat office, residence in Gandhinagar locality
here, and at a place in Lucknow, he said.
Raids were also underway at Ranjeet`s Todaraisingh
house and Gopalpura area here, the official said.
The case against them was registered on the direction
of the Rajasthan High Court. The high court order in the
passport case was passed a fortnight ago, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?