CBI starts probe in Jodhpur Defence land transfer
Jodhpur/New Delhi: After Adarsh and Srinagar land scams, CBI has started probe in another prime defence land transfer to a trust of royal family which was allegedly done in violation of the rules and issued notices to parties concerned to join the probe.
CBI sources said the agency has registered a preliminary inquiry in connection with the case on the request of Defence Ministry and based on its outcome it would decide to register a regular case.
The sources said during preliminary enquiry CBI cannot summon a person for questioning or carry out searches and seizure operations.
They said the case was referred by the ministry to probe the transfer of a 4.84 acre army plot to Maharaja Harisingh Trust in 2007 by officials of the ministry and the service.
CBI issued notices to the Defence Estate Officer, Maharaja Harisingh Trust, Army administration, district authorities and a coloniser seeking all documents pertaining to the land involved from them, sources said.
"CBI will check the procedures followed by the army while handing over the piece of land to the trust. Apart from that they will also probe the intentions behind the transferring of the land and the role of the officers," said a CBI source adding, "We will also check the revenue land records of the land available with the district administration."
Defence spokesperson Col SD Goswami said that army has nominated an officer to coordinate between army and the CBI.
"We will provide all the documents related to this deal, as and when demanded by the CBI and will offer our full cooperation to the CBI in ascertaining the facts of the matter in order to reach the guilty," said Goswami.
The sources said the land is now being developed for commercial purposes and valued at over 15 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH