CBI steps up efforts to trace Bhanwari`s body
Jodhpur: Intensifying efforts to trace the body of missing nurse Bhanwari Devi, the CBI has zeroed in on places in Jaloda village where she could have been buried and
are scouting the area using sophisticated devices.
On the basis of the interrogation of Om Prakash Bishnoi, brother and gang member of Bishna Ram Bishnoi, who is said to have a hand in disposing of the body of Bhanwari Devi, a CBI team is camping in the village and searching areas near it using special devices, agency sources said.
According to the sources, Bishna Ram belongs to Jaloda village and after taking possession of Bhanwari`s body near Nevra Road, he had headed back in the direction of Phalodi. It is now believed that he disposed of her body somewhere in his village.
CBI has arrived at a conclusion that she might have been buried somewhere in the operation area of Bishna Ram.
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1.
The agency had yesterday interrogated sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal Maderna`s wife Leela Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Bishnoi`s son in connection with the disappearance of the nurse.
The probe agency had questioned Maderna`s wife for about two hours and interrogated Malkhan`s son Mahendra Bishnoi.
Leela and Malkhan`s three sons were last questioned by the CBI on December 19.
While Maderna was arrested on December 3, Congress MLA Malkhan was arrested on December 19 for their alleged involvement in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what