CBI submits second status report in Bhanwari case
Jodhpur: CBI on Thursday filed its second status report in the nurse Bhanwari Devi disappearance case, claiming it had made some significant developments in the case in which sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal Maderna is a key suspect.
CBI, which appeared before the bench of Govind Mathur and NK Jain (II) this morning to submit the status report, requested the court for a private hearing in the matter.
Additional Advocate General Anand Purohit, referring to some "significant developments" in the case, requested the court to conduct the hearing in a closed chamber to which the court agreed and asked them to appear in the judges` chamber at 1 pm.
During the hearing on the habeas corpus petition filed by the husband of Bhanwari Devi in the chamber, the CBI submitted the status report in sealed envelope. The court decided the next date of next hearing as December 15.
CBI had filed the first status report in the case on November 11.
After the hearing, Purohit told reporters that a report having "positive" conclusion in the matter would be submitted in the case in the next hearing.
36-year-old Bhanwari Devi, an auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from here, is missing since September 1 and her husband Amar Chand has alleged that she was kidnapped at the behest of Maderna, who
has been quizzed two times by the CBI.
A CD allegedly showing Maderna in compromising position with Bhanwari had come to light after she went missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area.
The CBI has so far grilled several people including ruling party MLA Malkhan Singh, his brother and sister, Mahipal Maderna`s wife Leela Maderna and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM