CBI to probe Bharatpur communal violence
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Friday night
announced a CBI probe into the community clash in Bharatpur`s
Gopalgarh village which left eight people dead.
A high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot decided to hand over the case to the CBI. At the same
time, a judicial inquiry by a retired High Court judge will be
conducted into the incident, officials said.
Bharatpur District Collector Krishna Kunal and SP Inglaj
Dan have been suspended, they said.
Gehlot also announced compensation to the victims and
government job to one family member each of those died in the
Eight people were killed and 21 others injured on
Wednesday in a clash between two communities over a land
dispute at Gopalgarh in Bharatpur, forcing the district
authorities to impose curfew in some areas.
According to police, incorrect entry of a land meant for
digging a pond as a graveyard in government records by a local
patwari was the cause of the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here
- Janice Dickinson looks extremely thin amid health crisis