CBI unearthed scam in post office at Alwar
Jaipur: CBI has unearthed a scam running into
more than 17 lakhs of rupees at Harsoli post office in
Rajasthan`s Alwar district.
"Two sub post masters working in the post office connived
with the two agents Amit Kumar and Kamla Devi, and obtained
pre-matured payment of MIS (Monthly Installment Scheme) and FD
(Fixed Deposit) accounts of villagers who were the customers
of post office for past many years," Atul Gupta, spokesperson,
CBI said today.
"After getting the accounts matured for payment, they
opened forged saving accounts in the name of these account
holders in the post office and misappropriated the amount by
withdrawing the amount through forms," he said, a CBI team has
conducted search at three locations at Barod, Harsoli and
"The amount of the fraud is expected to exceed the
primary estimate of rupees 17 lakhs. Both the accused had
already absconded when the fraud was detected by the post
office authorities some time back," he said, adding,
investigation into the matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites