CBI unearthed scam in post office at Alwar
Jaipur: CBI has unearthed a scam running into
more than 17 lakhs of rupees at Harsoli post office in
Rajasthan`s Alwar district.
"Two sub post masters working in the post office connived
with the two agents Amit Kumar and Kamla Devi, and obtained
pre-matured payment of MIS (Monthly Installment Scheme) and FD
(Fixed Deposit) accounts of villagers who were the customers
of post office for past many years," Atul Gupta, spokesperson,
CBI said today.
"After getting the accounts matured for payment, they
opened forged saving accounts in the name of these account
holders in the post office and misappropriated the amount by
withdrawing the amount through forms," he said, a CBI team has
conducted search at three locations at Barod, Harsoli and
"The amount of the fraud is expected to exceed the
primary estimate of rupees 17 lakhs. Both the accused had
already absconded when the fraud was detected by the post
office authorities some time back," he said, adding,
investigation into the matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10