CBI unearthed scam in post office at Alwar
Jaipur: CBI has unearthed a scam running into
more than 17 lakhs of rupees at Harsoli post office in
Rajasthan`s Alwar district.
"Two sub post masters working in the post office connived
with the two agents Amit Kumar and Kamla Devi, and obtained
pre-matured payment of MIS (Monthly Installment Scheme) and FD
(Fixed Deposit) accounts of villagers who were the customers
of post office for past many years," Atul Gupta, spokesperson,
CBI said today.
"After getting the accounts matured for payment, they
opened forged saving accounts in the name of these account
holders in the post office and misappropriated the amount by
withdrawing the amount through forms," he said, a CBI team has
conducted search at three locations at Barod, Harsoli and
"The amount of the fraud is expected to exceed the
primary estimate of rupees 17 lakhs. Both the accused had
already absconded when the fraud was detected by the post
office authorities some time back," he said, adding,
investigation into the matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016
- In this temple, people worship a Royal Enfield Bullet – Here’s why
- Here comes a smarter search engine than Google!
- Wanted to make 'Sultan' only with Salman: Ali Abbas Zafar