CBI unearthed scam in post office at Alwar
Jaipur: CBI has unearthed a scam running into
more than 17 lakhs of rupees at Harsoli post office in
Rajasthan`s Alwar district.
"Two sub post masters working in the post office connived
with the two agents Amit Kumar and Kamla Devi, and obtained
pre-matured payment of MIS (Monthly Installment Scheme) and FD
(Fixed Deposit) accounts of villagers who were the customers
of post office for past many years," Atul Gupta, spokesperson,
CBI said today.
"After getting the accounts matured for payment, they
opened forged saving accounts in the name of these account
holders in the post office and misappropriated the amount by
withdrawing the amount through forms," he said, a CBI team has
conducted search at three locations at Barod, Harsoli and
"The amount of the fraud is expected to exceed the
primary estimate of rupees 17 lakhs. Both the accused had
already absconded when the fraud was detected by the post
office authorities some time back," he said, adding,
investigation into the matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Naman Ojha named India A captain for series in Australia