CBI`s Rs 5 lakh reward for info on Bhanwari Devi
New Delhi: CBI on Tuesday night announced a reward of
Rs 5 lakh for information about whereabouts of midwife
Bhanwari Devi who has gone missing after being abducted
allegedly at the instance of sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal
The agency also announced another Rs 1 lakh for
information leading to the arrest of absconding accused
Sahiram who is suspected to be the mastermind behind Devi`s
As the probe into the case gained momentum, CBI is also
examining the role of Mahipal Maderna and the agency believes
that the 36-year-old auxiliary nurse, who went missing from
Jodhpur about one and half months ago, could have been killed.
The call records of cell phones used by Bhanwari Devi`s
kidnappers indicate that Sahiram was in touch with Maderana
until the day the nurse was kidnapped from Jodhpur`s Bilara
area on September 1, official sources said.
However, there is no record of calls between Maderna and
Sahiram ever since the latter disappeared after his name came
up during investigations, the sources said.
Bhanwari Devi, who was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife
at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 kms from
Jodhpur district, went missing on September 1.
Her husband Amarchand has alleged she was abducted at the
behest of former Water Resources Minister Mahipal Maderna and
his associates. The charges have been refuted by them.
The sources said CBI was working on the possibility of
the murder of Bhanwari Devi as it has got some indication that
her body may have been burnt in some limestone quarry in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’