Cells to monitor probes into cases of women harassment
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has decided to set up separate cells to monitor investigations into cases of women harassment and exploitation.
The cells will function under the supervision of SPs and an officer of Inspector or Sub-Inspector rank will be in charge of these cells, an official spokesman said here on Saturday.
Cases related to exploitation of women lodged in all police stations will be looked after by these cells for speedy action, he said.
A state-level cell will be constituted at the police headquarters in Jaipur to monitor district-level cells.
The decision to set up the cells was taken at a law and order review meeting chaired by the Chief Minister who directed police to ensure regular and effective patrolling.
Rajasthan Minister of State for Home Virendra Beniwal, Chief Secretary C K Mathew and DGP Harish Meena were among those who attended the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav