Cells to monitor probes into cases of women harassment
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has decided to set up separate cells to monitor investigations into cases of women harassment and exploitation.
The cells will function under the supervision of SPs and an officer of Inspector or Sub-Inspector rank will be in charge of these cells, an official spokesman said here on Saturday.
Cases related to exploitation of women lodged in all police stations will be looked after by these cells for speedy action, he said.
A state-level cell will be constituted at the police headquarters in Jaipur to monitor district-level cells.
The decision to set up the cells was taken at a law and order review meeting chaired by the Chief Minister who directed police to ensure regular and effective patrolling.
Rajasthan Minister of State for Home Virendra Beniwal, Chief Secretary C K Mathew and DGP Harish Meena were among those who attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users