Cells to monitor probes into cases of women harassment
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has decided to set up separate cells to monitor investigations into cases of women harassment and exploitation.
The cells will function under the supervision of SPs and an officer of Inspector or Sub-Inspector rank will be in charge of these cells, an official spokesman said here on Saturday.
Cases related to exploitation of women lodged in all police stations will be looked after by these cells for speedy action, he said.
A state-level cell will be constituted at the police headquarters in Jaipur to monitor district-level cells.
The decision to set up the cells was taken at a law and order review meeting chaired by the Chief Minister who directed police to ensure regular and effective patrolling.
Rajasthan Minister of State for Home Virendra Beniwal, Chief Secretary C K Mathew and DGP Harish Meena were among those who attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed