Cells to monitor probes into cases of women harassment
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has decided to set up separate cells to monitor investigations into cases of women harassment and exploitation.
The cells will function under the supervision of SPs and an officer of Inspector or Sub-Inspector rank will be in charge of these cells, an official spokesman said here on Saturday.
Cases related to exploitation of women lodged in all police stations will be looked after by these cells for speedy action, he said.
A state-level cell will be constituted at the police headquarters in Jaipur to monitor district-level cells.
The decision to set up the cells was taken at a law and order review meeting chaired by the Chief Minister who directed police to ensure regular and effective patrolling.
Rajasthan Minister of State for Home Virendra Beniwal, Chief Secretary C K Mathew and DGP Harish Meena were among those who attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’