Centre ‘misusing’ CBI to target Rathore: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday cited the observations
of a Rajasthan High Court judge that the CBI should be shut
down to insist that the Congress governments at the Centre and
in Rajasthan were "misusing" the agency to target its leader
Rajendra Rathore in an encounter case.
BJP has stood firm behind party`s Chief Whip in Rajasthan
Assembly Rathore, who has been arrested after the CBI named
him as an accused in its supplementary charge sheet in the
Dara Singh "fake" encounter case that took place in 2006.
The party maintains that Congress is "misusing" CBI yet
again to target its political opponents. Rathore was named an
accused only on April 6, 2012- six years after the encounter.
"Yesterday, much to our shock, the Rajasthan High Court
has made an observation in such sharp focus putting the CBI as
an organisation which is being repeatedly misused and that
there is no faith left in it. A learned judge even went to the
extent of stating that it is probably time the agency needs
to be shut down," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She was quick to underline that the BJP understands that
this is just an observation and not a judgement from the
Rajasthan High Court. BJP also clarified that it was in no way
attempting to influence the courts in the encounter case.
However, Sitharaman insisted that Congress has been
misusing the CBI repeatedly in several cases to pressure its
political adversaries and win support of parties. She
maintained that other than the BJP even some regional and
smaller parties have aired similar views about CBI.
"The Congress has been using the CBI to win the support
of other parties to win confidence votes and pass its finance
bills. They put pressure on the politically smaller parties to
draw their support," the BJP spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!