Chaos prevails as lakhs of candidates appear for police recruitment exam
Jaipur: With more than 11.64 lakh candidates appearing for Rajasthan Police recruitment examination in 3700 centres across the state, there were chaotic scenes in railway stations and bus stands in the state.
More than 11.64 lakh examinees appeared for the examination to fill up 12,178 posts of constable in Rajasthan Police, official sources said.
All trains and buses plying in all 32 districts were not only jam-packed, but the aspirants also travelled on their tops to reach the examination centres, the sources said.
There were 2.50 lakh examinees in Jaipur alone, appearing for the examination from 542 centres.
Despite the railways running special trains to ease out traffic on various routes, that too appeared to be inadequate to avoid the chaotic situation.
The aspiring candidates not only climbed on the roof top of buses and trains connecting different parts of the state, but they also barged into the reserved compartments including AC coaches to travel, the sources said.
There was, however, no report of any untoward incident and the examination passed off peaceful, barring delay in distributing papers to examinees in some centres, the police headquarters sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state