Charges framed against former Rajasthan minister in rape case
Jaipur: A local court on Tuesday framed charges against former Rajathan minister Babu Lal Nagar in a rape case.
The Jaipur District judge`s court charged the former minister under sections 376 (rape), 323 (causing hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The matter was posted for next hearing to February 28.
Nagar, former Dairy and Civil Supplies Minister in the Gehlot government, was arrested by CBI in October last year after a married woman accused him of raping her.
The 35-year-old woman had alleged that Nagar raped and beat her up on September 11 last year after calling her to his official bungalow here on the pretext of getting her a job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre