Charges framed against former Rajasthan minister in rape case
Jaipur: A local court on Tuesday framed charges against former Rajathan minister Babu Lal Nagar in a rape case.
The Jaipur District judge`s court charged the former minister under sections 376 (rape), 323 (causing hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The matter was posted for next hearing to February 28.
Nagar, former Dairy and Civil Supplies Minister in the Gehlot government, was arrested by CBI in October last year after a married woman accused him of raping her.
The 35-year-old woman had alleged that Nagar raped and beat her up on September 11 last year after calling her to his official bungalow here on the pretext of getting her a job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town