Charges in Ajmer blast politically motivated: RSS
New Delhi: RSS on Tuesday vehemently denied the
charges against some of its top functionaries in the Ajmer
dargah blast case, saying "tirade by political leaders and
investigators indicated that the accusations were politically
The statement comes on a day when the Rajasthan ATS
claimed that the name and phone number of RSS spokesperson Ram
Madhav figures in a diary that belonged to one of the accused
Sunil Joshi, which was in their possession.
Strongly denying the role of any RSS functionary,
including himself, in the 2007 bomb explosion at the sufi
shrine, Madhav told reporters here that the name or number of
any person being found in anybody`s diary is not a
confirmation of his/her participation in an offence.
"First, police said that Indresh Kumar`s name figured in
the chargesheet as he attended a meeting prior to Ajmer blast
in connection with the conspiracy behind it and now they say
my name is there in some diary. It is all fabricated and
politically motivated," the RSS spokesperson said.
Reading out a statement from senior functionary Suresh
Bhaiya Joshi, Madhav said, "In the last several months, our
functionaries have extended full cooperation to the
investigating agencies in the hope that they will work fairly.
"In the process, our activists have endured humiliation
and physical torture at the hands of investigators. It is
evident from the chargesheet that they have no evidence
against Indresh Kumar. The investigators have not even spoken
to him once".
Asked if the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad had
questioned the functionaries/activists against whom charges
have been framed or those whose names figure in the document,
Madhav said those concerned with the probe were aware of these
To a question if Indresh Kumar would attend the
organisation`s national executive scheduled next week, he said
the RSS leader would certainly attend the 3-day event.
Earlier in the day, Rajasthan chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
said, "The name of Indresh Kumar, senior RSS leader, could not
have been added to the chargesheet without any basis and
facts. The Anti-Terrorist Squad has done an independent
inquiry into the Ajmer Dargah blast case and there was no
The Chief Judicial Magistrate at Ajmer today committed to
the sessions court for trial the dargah blast case, in which
three persons were killed and 15 others injured in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof