Chargesheet in a rape case in four days
Jaipur: Sirohi police in Rajasthan on Friday set a new record by submitting charge sheet in a rape case in just four days.
"The investigating officer completed his probe in 95 hours and submitted charge sheet in a local court," SP Sirohi Lovely Katiyar said.
"The victim lodged an FIR with Anaddara police station on December 31. She blamed that his known person Jagya, aged around 50 years, raped her in an isolated area in Dabali village on the night of December 30," Investigating Officer Bahadur Singh said.
"She was waiting for a bus at Krishnaganj bus to reach her home in Sirohi city where Jagya met and promised to drop her in his tempo. However, he took her to an isolated area and raped her," he said.
The accused was arrested on December 31 and the charge sheet was submitted in a local court in Rewdar town in Sirohi, he added.
Yesterday, Barmer police also submitted charge sheet in a gang rape case within a period of eight days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy