Chief Justice visits hometown in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Chief Justice of India, Rajendra Mal Lodha arrived here at his hometown today for the first time after assuming charge of the topmost judicial post in the country.
After his arrival, Chief Justice Lodha paid obeisance at the famous Nakoda Bheruji temple of Jains in neighbouring Barmer district.
In Jodhpur, the Chief Justice will be attending a slew of programmes, including foundation stone-laying ceremony of the new building of the Bar Council of Rajasthan at the premises of the upcoming building of Rajasthan High Court tomorrow.
According to the chairman of the Bar Council of Rajasthan, Manoj Garg, Chief Justice Lodha will be laying the foundation stone of the Rs 8.5 crore worth building tomorrow at 10.30 am.
President of the Bar Council of India, B S Sinsinwar will also be attending the ceremony.
The Jodhpur Municipal Corporation (JMC) will also felicitate the Chief Justice at the city town hall.
The JMC had earlier felicitated Justice Dalveer Bhandari on his elevation to the International Court of Justice as a judge.Justice Lodha will remain in Jodhpur till 14 May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla