Chief Justice visits hometown in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Chief Justice of India, Rajendra Mal Lodha arrived here at his hometown today for the first time after assuming charge of the topmost judicial post in the country.
After his arrival, Chief Justice Lodha paid obeisance at the famous Nakoda Bheruji temple of Jains in neighbouring Barmer district.
In Jodhpur, the Chief Justice will be attending a slew of programmes, including foundation stone-laying ceremony of the new building of the Bar Council of Rajasthan at the premises of the upcoming building of Rajasthan High Court tomorrow.
According to the chairman of the Bar Council of Rajasthan, Manoj Garg, Chief Justice Lodha will be laying the foundation stone of the Rs 8.5 crore worth building tomorrow at 10.30 am.
President of the Bar Council of India, B S Sinsinwar will also be attending the ceremony.
The Jodhpur Municipal Corporation (JMC) will also felicitate the Chief Justice at the city town hall.
The JMC had earlier felicitated Justice Dalveer Bhandari on his elevation to the International Court of Justice as a judge.Justice Lodha will remain in Jodhpur till 14 May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?