Chief Justice visits hometown in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Chief Justice of India, Rajendra Mal Lodha arrived here at his hometown today for the first time after assuming charge of the topmost judicial post in the country.
After his arrival, Chief Justice Lodha paid obeisance at the famous Nakoda Bheruji temple of Jains in neighbouring Barmer district.
In Jodhpur, the Chief Justice will be attending a slew of programmes, including foundation stone-laying ceremony of the new building of the Bar Council of Rajasthan at the premises of the upcoming building of Rajasthan High Court tomorrow.
According to the chairman of the Bar Council of Rajasthan, Manoj Garg, Chief Justice Lodha will be laying the foundation stone of the Rs 8.5 crore worth building tomorrow at 10.30 am.
President of the Bar Council of India, B S Sinsinwar will also be attending the ceremony.
The Jodhpur Municipal Corporation (JMC) will also felicitate the Chief Justice at the city town hall.
The JMC had earlier felicitated Justice Dalveer Bhandari on his elevation to the International Court of Justice as a judge.Justice Lodha will remain in Jodhpur till 14 May.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services