Clampdown in Rajasthan town after communal tension
Jaipur: Authorities Thursday banned gathering of five or more people in a town in Rajasthan` Ajmer district Thursday after communal tension flared up, police said.
According to police, people from the two communities came to the brink of a violent clash over a parking dispute at Sarvar town, some 150 km from Jaipur.
"Some youth broke open the locks of disputed parking place situated near a temple and a mosque. People from both the communities started gathering at separate places in the town," said a police officer.
People from a community blocked a road for hours demanding action against the youth and announced a shutdown of markets for three days, the officer added.
"Markets remained closed in the town today (Thursday). Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code was imposed banning gathering of five or more people," said the officer.
Three more communal violence cases have been reported in the state`s Makrana, Jaipur and Udaipur cities since April 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information