Clampdown in Rajasthan town after communal tension
Jaipur: Authorities Thursday banned gathering of five or more people in a town in Rajasthan` Ajmer district Thursday after communal tension flared up, police said.
According to police, people from the two communities came to the brink of a violent clash over a parking dispute at Sarvar town, some 150 km from Jaipur.
"Some youth broke open the locks of disputed parking place situated near a temple and a mosque. People from both the communities started gathering at separate places in the town," said a police officer.
People from a community blocked a road for hours demanding action against the youth and announced a shutdown of markets for three days, the officer added.
"Markets remained closed in the town today (Thursday). Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code was imposed banning gathering of five or more people," said the officer.
Three more communal violence cases have been reported in the state`s Makrana, Jaipur and Udaipur cities since April 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah