Clampdown in Rajasthan town after communal tension
Jaipur: Authorities Thursday banned gathering of five or more people in a town in Rajasthan` Ajmer district Thursday after communal tension flared up, police said.
According to police, people from the two communities came to the brink of a violent clash over a parking dispute at Sarvar town, some 150 km from Jaipur.
"Some youth broke open the locks of disputed parking place situated near a temple and a mosque. People from both the communities started gathering at separate places in the town," said a police officer.
People from a community blocked a road for hours demanding action against the youth and announced a shutdown of markets for three days, the officer added.
"Markets remained closed in the town today (Thursday). Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code was imposed banning gathering of five or more people," said the officer.
Three more communal violence cases have been reported in the state`s Makrana, Jaipur and Udaipur cities since April 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster