Clampdown in Rajasthan town after communal tension
Jaipur: Authorities Thursday banned gathering of five or more people in a town in Rajasthan` Ajmer district Thursday after communal tension flared up, police said.
According to police, people from the two communities came to the brink of a violent clash over a parking dispute at Sarvar town, some 150 km from Jaipur.
"Some youth broke open the locks of disputed parking place situated near a temple and a mosque. People from both the communities started gathering at separate places in the town," said a police officer.
People from a community blocked a road for hours demanding action against the youth and announced a shutdown of markets for three days, the officer added.
"Markets remained closed in the town today (Thursday). Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code was imposed banning gathering of five or more people," said the officer.
Three more communal violence cases have been reported in the state`s Makrana, Jaipur and Udaipur cities since April 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam