Clash in Jodhpur Jail, inmate injured
Jodhpur: An inmate of the Jodhpur Central Jail was injured on Saturday when fellow prisoners attacked him during distribution of meals, the prison administration said.
The injured inmate was admitted to a hospital, Jail Superintendent Rakesh Mohan Sharma said adding the attackers included the accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Undertrial Anil alias Pandia, hailing from Sikar, was beaten up by 13 prisoners during the distribution of meals in the morning following an argument, Sharma said.
The prison staff intervened immediately and separated them, the Jail Superintendent said.
"We have admitted him in the hospital and informed the police," he said.
The attack was apparently the result of a grude against the undertrial by some fellow prisoners, Sharma said.
This is the second clash among the prisoners in a month. Inmate Vicky was attacked by other prisoners on April 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why