Clash in Jodhpur Jail, inmate injured
Jodhpur: An inmate of the Jodhpur Central Jail was injured on Saturday when fellow prisoners attacked him during distribution of meals, the prison administration said.
The injured inmate was admitted to a hospital, Jail Superintendent Rakesh Mohan Sharma said adding the attackers included the accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Undertrial Anil alias Pandia, hailing from Sikar, was beaten up by 13 prisoners during the distribution of meals in the morning following an argument, Sharma said.
The prison staff intervened immediately and separated them, the Jail Superintendent said.
"We have admitted him in the hospital and informed the police," he said.
The attack was apparently the result of a grude against the undertrial by some fellow prisoners, Sharma said.
This is the second clash among the prisoners in a month. Inmate Vicky was attacked by other prisoners on April 20.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai