Clash in Jodhpur Jail, inmate injured
Jodhpur: An inmate of the Jodhpur Central Jail was injured on Saturday when fellow prisoners attacked him during distribution of meals, the prison administration said.
The injured inmate was admitted to a hospital, Jail Superintendent Rakesh Mohan Sharma said adding the attackers included the accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Undertrial Anil alias Pandia, hailing from Sikar, was beaten up by 13 prisoners during the distribution of meals in the morning following an argument, Sharma said.
The prison staff intervened immediately and separated them, the Jail Superintendent said.
"We have admitted him in the hospital and informed the police," he said.
The attack was apparently the result of a grude against the undertrial by some fellow prisoners, Sharma said.
This is the second clash among the prisoners in a month. Inmate Vicky was attacked by other prisoners on April 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4
- READ: Rohit Sharma's touching hand-written letter to fans on his 29th birthday!
- `Obama out`: President gets in final laughs with US media
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!