Cold claims two lives in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury touched a new low in Rajasthan claiming two lives in Bundi even as temperature in Churu dipped below zero for the first time this season.
The minimum temperature recorded at Churu was 2.2 degree Celsius.
This was followed by Pilani, recording a minimum of minus 0.8 Celsius while in hilly region, Mount Abu recorded zero degree Celsius, according to Met department here.
In Bundi, two persons identified as Mangilal (55) and Radha Krishn (80) fell prey to the cold wave and died last night at separate places, police said.
There was no respite from shivering cold in other parts too where Ganganagar, Bikaner, Jaipur and Chittorgarh recorded minimum of 0.8, 2.4, 3.2 and 4.2 degree Celsius respectively.
Night temperature at other places remained between 5.8 and 7 degree Celsius.
Several places also had ground frost while fog continued to envelop some regions affecting vehicular movement in early morning hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA