Cold claims two lives in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury touched a new low in Rajasthan claiming two lives in Bundi even as temperature in Churu dipped below zero for the first time this season.
The minimum temperature recorded at Churu was 2.2 degree Celsius.
This was followed by Pilani, recording a minimum of minus 0.8 Celsius while in hilly region, Mount Abu recorded zero degree Celsius, according to Met department here.
In Bundi, two persons identified as Mangilal (55) and Radha Krishn (80) fell prey to the cold wave and died last night at separate places, police said.
There was no respite from shivering cold in other parts too where Ganganagar, Bikaner, Jaipur and Chittorgarh recorded minimum of 0.8, 2.4, 3.2 and 4.2 degree Celsius respectively.
Night temperature at other places remained between 5.8 and 7 degree Celsius.
Several places also had ground frost while fog continued to envelop some regions affecting vehicular movement in early morning hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video