Cold claims two lives in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury touched a new low in Rajasthan claiming two lives in Bundi even as temperature in Churu dipped below zero for the first time this season.
The minimum temperature recorded at Churu was 2.2 degree Celsius.
This was followed by Pilani, recording a minimum of minus 0.8 Celsius while in hilly region, Mount Abu recorded zero degree Celsius, according to Met department here.
In Bundi, two persons identified as Mangilal (55) and Radha Krishn (80) fell prey to the cold wave and died last night at separate places, police said.
There was no respite from shivering cold in other parts too where Ganganagar, Bikaner, Jaipur and Chittorgarh recorded minimum of 0.8, 2.4, 3.2 and 4.2 degree Celsius respectively.
Night temperature at other places remained between 5.8 and 7 degree Celsius.
Several places also had ground frost while fog continued to envelop some regions affecting vehicular movement in early morning hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video