Cold claims two lives in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury touched a new low in Rajasthan claiming two lives in Bundi even as temperature in Churu dipped below zero for the first time this season.
The minimum temperature recorded at Churu was 2.2 degree Celsius.
This was followed by Pilani, recording a minimum of minus 0.8 Celsius while in hilly region, Mount Abu recorded zero degree Celsius, according to Met department here.
In Bundi, two persons identified as Mangilal (55) and Radha Krishn (80) fell prey to the cold wave and died last night at separate places, police said.
There was no respite from shivering cold in other parts too where Ganganagar, Bikaner, Jaipur and Chittorgarh recorded minimum of 0.8, 2.4, 3.2 and 4.2 degree Celsius respectively.
Night temperature at other places remained between 5.8 and 7 degree Celsius.
Several places also had ground frost while fog continued to envelop some regions affecting vehicular movement in early morning hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal