Cold claims two lives in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury touched a new low in Rajasthan claiming two lives in Bundi even as temperature in Churu dipped below zero for the first time this season.
The minimum temperature recorded at Churu was 2.2 degree Celsius.
This was followed by Pilani, recording a minimum of minus 0.8 Celsius while in hilly region, Mount Abu recorded zero degree Celsius, according to Met department here.
In Bundi, two persons identified as Mangilal (55) and Radha Krishn (80) fell prey to the cold wave and died last night at separate places, police said.
There was no respite from shivering cold in other parts too where Ganganagar, Bikaner, Jaipur and Chittorgarh recorded minimum of 0.8, 2.4, 3.2 and 4.2 degree Celsius respectively.
Night temperature at other places remained between 5.8 and 7 degree Celsius.
Several places also had ground frost while fog continued to envelop some regions affecting vehicular movement in early morning hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez