Cold wave abates in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Cold conditions today abated in desert state Rajasthan where mercury rose up to five degrees Celsius in many parts of the region.
Mount Abu, a sole hill station, recorded a low of two degrees C last night, a MeT official said.
Meanwhile Churu recorded a minimum temperature of 4 degrees C followed by Sriganganagar at 5 deg C, Bikaner at 5.1 deg C, Jaisalmer at 6.2 deg C, Pilani at 6.3 deg C, Jaipur at 8.5 deg C, Barmer at 9.4 deg C, Udaipur at 10 deg C, and Ajmer at 10.5 degree C.
However, the trains were still running late due to foggy or misty weather in the state, a NWR spokesman said.
Most of the long distance trains from adjoining states of Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab were running late.
Temperature would further rise in the next 24 hours in the state as a western disturbance is expected to minimise the cold wave conditions, a MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?