Cold wave abates in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Cold conditions today abated in desert state Rajasthan where mercury rose up to five degrees Celsius in many parts of the region.
Mount Abu, a sole hill station, recorded a low of two degrees C last night, a MeT official said.
Meanwhile Churu recorded a minimum temperature of 4 degrees C followed by Sriganganagar at 5 deg C, Bikaner at 5.1 deg C, Jaisalmer at 6.2 deg C, Pilani at 6.3 deg C, Jaipur at 8.5 deg C, Barmer at 9.4 deg C, Udaipur at 10 deg C, and Ajmer at 10.5 degree C.
However, the trains were still running late due to foggy or misty weather in the state, a NWR spokesman said.
Most of the long distance trains from adjoining states of Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab were running late.
Temperature would further rise in the next 24 hours in the state as a western disturbance is expected to minimise the cold wave conditions, a MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins