Cold wave abates in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Cold conditions today abated in desert state Rajasthan where mercury rose up to five degrees Celsius in many parts of the region.
Mount Abu, a sole hill station, recorded a low of two degrees C last night, a MeT official said.
Meanwhile Churu recorded a minimum temperature of 4 degrees C followed by Sriganganagar at 5 deg C, Bikaner at 5.1 deg C, Jaisalmer at 6.2 deg C, Pilani at 6.3 deg C, Jaipur at 8.5 deg C, Barmer at 9.4 deg C, Udaipur at 10 deg C, and Ajmer at 10.5 degree C.
However, the trains were still running late due to foggy or misty weather in the state, a NWR spokesman said.
Most of the long distance trains from adjoining states of Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab were running late.
Temperature would further rise in the next 24 hours in the state as a western disturbance is expected to minimise the cold wave conditions, a MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress