Cold wave disrupts normal life, traffic in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Normal life, rail-road and air operations were paralysed as intense cold engulfed Rajasthan, with Mount Abu being recorded as the coldest place with a low of minus 1.4 degrees Celsius, a Met official said on Sunday.
Sikar on plains was the coldest place with 2.0 degree C, while people in Pink City experienced spine chill weather as mercury dipped to 2.7 degree C.
Sawaimadhopur recorded a minimum of 2.3 degree C followed by Dholpur 2.7, Bikaner 3.2, Jaislamer 4.4, Barmer 5.8, Udaipur 6.0, Ajmer, Srigangangar and Chittorgarh 6.5 each, Kota, Churu and Jodhpur 7 each.
Icy crest was observed on the upper layer of Nakki lake in Mount Abu while Guru Shikar shivered at sub-zero level.
Only three flights, two Indigo, one Kingfisher could take-off before 7 am from Sanganer airport, while remaining others were rescheduled after midday, Airport Authority director Anuj Agarwal told reporters.
Many trains were delayed at Jaipur railway station, and buses were stranded on the highways connecting Jaipur-Delhi, Jaipur-Agra, Jaipur-Kota, Jaipur-Ajmer and Udaipur.
There would be no respite in the state from the cold wave in next 24 hours, a Met forecast stated.
Due to intense cold, power consumption in the state has suddenly risen and in last one day 6 lakh units of electricity extra was consumed by customers for electrical appliances, a power corporation spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA