Cold wave in Rajasthan, Mount Abu at freezing point
Jaipur: Normal life and vehicular traffic
were severely affected as a cold wave swept across Rajasthan
on Tuesday while people in the hill resort of Mount Abu experienced
biting chill with mercury dipping to freezing point.
After passing of the western disturbance that caused
precipitation in the state in last two days, ground frost
appeared in agriculture fields damaging standing Rabi crops in
Bharatpur, Alwar, Sriganganagar and Churu districts, the
Met Department said.
Icy crest was observed on the upper layer of Nakki lake
in Mount Abu and atop vehicles parked in the open, Tourism
Department officials said. Boating and outing activities were
disrupted in the morning in the hill station where temperature
dipped to zero degree Celsius last night.
Jaipur recorded the lowest temperature of 5.3 degree C,
which was three degrees below normal. In Udaipur, the
temperature dipped to 5 degree C.
Sriganganagar and Churu recorded a minimum temperature of
4.2 degree C each followed by Bharatpur, Ajmer, Bundi at 6
degree C, Jodhpur 6.8, Bikaner 7 and Sawaimadhopur 7.8 degree
C. Elsewhere, the minimum temperature was below ten degree C.
Dry weather conditions would prevail and cold wave
conditions might aggravate tomorrow in the desert state, the
weatherman has forecast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday