Cold wave in Rajasthan, Mount Abu at freezing point
Jaipur: Normal life and vehicular traffic
were severely affected as a cold wave swept across Rajasthan
on Tuesday while people in the hill resort of Mount Abu experienced
biting chill with mercury dipping to freezing point.
After passing of the western disturbance that caused
precipitation in the state in last two days, ground frost
appeared in agriculture fields damaging standing Rabi crops in
Bharatpur, Alwar, Sriganganagar and Churu districts, the
Met Department said.
Icy crest was observed on the upper layer of Nakki lake
in Mount Abu and atop vehicles parked in the open, Tourism
Department officials said. Boating and outing activities were
disrupted in the morning in the hill station where temperature
dipped to zero degree Celsius last night.
Jaipur recorded the lowest temperature of 5.3 degree C,
which was three degrees below normal. In Udaipur, the
temperature dipped to 5 degree C.
Sriganganagar and Churu recorded a minimum temperature of
4.2 degree C each followed by Bharatpur, Ajmer, Bundi at 6
degree C, Jodhpur 6.8, Bikaner 7 and Sawaimadhopur 7.8 degree
C. Elsewhere, the minimum temperature was below ten degree C.
Dry weather conditions would prevail and cold wave
conditions might aggravate tomorrow in the desert state, the
weatherman has forecast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj